Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Where Is Home

This is a poem that tries to describe what it must be like to have to live your life in a split world, always away from half of the people you love and care about. It's always difficult to be separated from the one's you love, but when your home is in two different countries you have no choice but to live with a half-broken heart all the time.

Where Is Home

It hurts inside to say, “Good-bye”,
Yet feels so good to again say “Hi”

You went away to go back home
Now you leave again so I won’t be alone

I love you so much, I let you go
To your home far away, where there is no snow

Your heart is torn as you bid farewell
I know you love me, I can tell

Once again our souls will unite
Until that day I’ll dream of you tonight


Written by: Jarom L. Thurston
Date: January 3rd, 2006

No comments: