Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Together We'll Grow




This is another poem about relationships. It's about true love and happiness and the blessings of an eternal marriage. It talks about our journey through this life and into the next growing together and strengthening our bond through thick and thin.

There's also a part about the strong impression that couples can have about knowing each other before this life and although they lived grew up halfway around the world in some cases they were meant to find each other again.

TOGETHER WE’LL GROW

I SAID TO MYSELF
“YOU ARE THE ONE”
MY LIFE WITH YOU
WILL NEVER BE DONE

FOREVER AND EVER
THROUGH ETERNITY
I’LL LOVE YOU PAST DEATH
JUST AS YOU LOVE ME

I THOUGHT TO MYSELF
“THERE’S NOONE LIKE YOU”
YOU LOVE ME SO MUCH
SO PURE AND SO TRUE

THERE’S NOBODY ELSE
ON LAND OR AT SEA
NOONE AS BEAUTIFUL…
AS BEAUTIFUL AS THEE

I ASKED MYSELF
“CAN I DO IT ALONE?”
I NEED YOU HERE
I CAN’T ON MY OWN

THIS TERRESTRIAL JOURNEY
HAS SET US FREE
WE FOUND EACH OTHER AGAIN
IT WAS MEANT TO BE

I DREAMT ONE NIGHT
THAT ALL WOULD BE WELL
I AWOKE THE NEXT LIFE
WITH A SECRET TO TELL

THIS LIFE WITH YOU
IS ALL I WANT TO KNOW
AS LONG AS WE LOVE EACH OTHER
THEN TOGETHER WE’LL GROW


Written by: Jarom L. Thurston
Date: June 21st, 2005

No comments: