Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Jenny Smiles

This poem is about how one individual person can have such an affect so many lives, even being disabled and unable to speak a word. This was written over 10 years before the passing of Jenny Wiess who suffered from severe Cerebral Palsy and couldn’t talk, walk or move much at all, but she had a profound impact on the lives of everyone she met. Her family requested to have this poem printed on her funeral program.

Jenny Smiles

Jenny is a girl I met today
She smiles at me with something to say

She doesn't speak like you and me
Her words are felt; it's something you see

She changed my life in just one day
She gave me hope in a special way

She showed me what a friend can be
While lying there looking up at me

Jenny is a girl I remembered today
She smiled at me and made my day


To my dear friend Jenny Wiess who I wish the world could know.
May 16th, 1997 Jarom L. Thurston


No comments: