Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Born And Raised With Mormon Blood

 Born & Raised w/Mormon Blood

Born and raised with Mormon blood
Taught to believe in the literal flood
Baptized by immersion then by fire
Entered the temple to be lifted higher
At nineteen years old I went abroad
Preaching in Portuguese about my God
I was special my generation elite
We will fight the battle and never retreat
Sealed at the altar by priesthood mantle
Entering the veil with masonic ritual
Washed and anointed with special oil
Prepared to be a God my power is royal
They say give all you have now you belong
Give of your time and talents endure along
To be truly endowed give ten percent
All arise... bow your head and say yes
Obedience is the only way to be saved
God will not be mocked you must behave
Philosophies of men mingled with scripture
Gives them power to keep getting richer
My eyes were opened with a crisis of faith
It was years in the making but not too late
So on with my journey I must go
Living and loving the best way I know
Sometimes I wish that I could erase
My Mormon past I once embraced
But given I escaped my blindfolded past
Satisfies a drive to make real freedom last
JLT - Feb 21, 2021

No comments: