Friday, April 25, 2008

I Can Change With You

This is a poem I wrote while going through a tough time in my youth and wanting to change and be a better person. It's about humbling yourself and allowing friends and family you love intervine and help lift you up when you are down and unable to help yourself. It also has a deeper meaning about the love of my Savior Jesus Christ in my life and knowing I'm never alone.

I Can Change With You

I want to change, I want what I had
Everything's strange, there's nothing to grab
I want it back, is that too much to ask
All that I've done was done behind this mask
This mask was built to set me free
But it hasn't worked and now I must flee
How do I peel this cover away
You have the instructions, tell me the way
This is the perfect day to come out
But I need your hand, that's what it's about
Help me this once, I can get what I need
Just hold me tight or I will bleed
I always thought there was nothing to fear
Driving my life and learning to steer
Now I've found it and know what it was
Not a big secret, you gave me YOUR LOVE
Can I make it through life all on my own
As long as there is someone I'm not alone

Jarom Lee Thurston - December 2, 1992

1 comment:

Whywait4life said...

Very nice. I still struggle with life and it never ceases to amaze me the power that the love from just one person can give. Be it the savior, a friend or even a stranger.

I too share a love for poetry and have written hundreds of them. Your site looks great. Nice work Jarom.